Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Backsplash Installed - Autumn Mist Slate Mosaic in Erie, Colorado

An excellent backplash installed in Erie, Colorado for the Coffin family (including Chloe the Golden Retriever).  Black Night granite countertops installed by Cornerstone Granite, Inc. of Denver, and stone tile backsplash of 1x1 Autumn Mist Slate installed by Front Range Backsplash, of Golden, Colorado. 

Before and after pictures below.  What a beautiful Colorado spring day yesterday, which made the cutting pleasurable for Dudley!



1 comment:

  1. I am agonizing over a minor kitchen remodel. We have natural maple cabinets/shaker style (slightly darkened with age) and hickory wood floor with a lot of character/ white appliances/current old white 4 in tile backsplash with randomly placed tiles of primary colors. I would like to replace the current 20 yr. old white laminate with wilsonart oiled soapstone. Would trim in wood. If I use a tile like this on the backsplash, is it going to be too dark? I will add some puck light under cabinets, and have fair lighting and open to other room thru big doorways. Exposure is morning sun only, however. Kitchen is open to dining area, separated only be a counterspace. My only concern is darkness...and would this backsplash be easy to maintain once sealed, grouted, and the grouted sealed? My old wide white grout looks awful in some areas. I would also place a stainless backsplash piece over my stove. My kitchen borders on "country" to traditional. More of a "lodge" like feel to our home with critter horns and heads mounted, pine wainscoating in a fair amount, etc. Low ceilings through, though - which is where my concern is for creating a "cave like" atmosphere. Help!

    ReplyDelete